Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Athidhi Devo Bava


Athidhi Devo Bava means guest is equivalent to god.

Today in Athidhi post, I am welcoming Vijaya Vanapalli. She has cute daughter Geethika. One day I am checking my mails and there she was posting few recipes for me and you to try it out. It felt so good that with out asking she is passing on to me. Thanks Vijju.......

In her own words: "my name is vijaya vanapalli . Actually I am from visakhapatnam but presently living in U.K

Before I used to work, so I had no time to cook it regular. Now I am on maternity leave from last 6 months. My parents came for delivery and stayed for 6 mon and went back now I am alone looking my child so I have more time, getting bore - normally from my childhood I am interested in
cooking, painting,
interior decoration and traveling............


About my amma she is very good cook . she is very good at making pickles, chutneys and non-veg"




Preparation:

1 st Stage:


10 Eggs


Boil all eggs and cut the eggs into half with the help of thread

2nd stage:


3 cups basmati rice

Whole garam Masala : {5 Cloves, 2 Cardamom, 1 inch Cinnamon stick, 1 Star anise}

Now cook the rice by adding above whole masala, salt to taste and cook until rice is cooked 3/4, and drain the water out in a strainer, and spread it on plate or pallem.

3 rd stage:

Onions - 3 no.
Oil - as required


Now in a pan fry onions until brown colour and keep it aside


4 th stage:


2 bunch mint leaves
2 lemons 
garam masala1 spoon
ginger - garlic paste 2 spoons
oil
red chilli powder
salt
turmeric


Then in the same above pan, add oil and fry mint leaves in that add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder 1/2 spoon, turmeric, salt and 1/2 spoon masala powder and fry. Add eggs and fry and keep aside.

Final stage:


Now take Deep flat non stick pan or a pressure cooker, in that add ghee, smear it all around and bottom of the dish,

1) then put 1 layer rice,

2) layer egg+mint leaves fry


3) add a layer of fried onions

4) repeat the layers until you finish it off,

5) lastly add lemon juice on top, ghee 2 spoons, orange food color mixed in little milk, Keep it covered tightly with lid and wrap it with squeezed hot towel, keep it on tawa and cook until remaining 1/4 th rice is done.

Note:

Please leave comments if you tried her dish or for any doubts. I haven't tried it yet, but will sure make it. Thanks...............

© 2009 by Rajani Rayudu

13 comments:

Hari Chandana P said...

Very interesting recipe.. Thanks to rajani and vijaya.. :)

AMIT said...

Very good written.I like it.

Lingerie Bookmark

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Chandana,

Thanks for leaving comment.........

Hi Amit,

Thanks to vijju.......

cheers
rajani

chinni said...

hi rajani itried it was really superb and my guests were happy with it,i made osme changes instead of oil i used ghee to fry onions and added some fried cashew nuts also,and just increased the amount of salt chilli powder as we eat a bit hot it was really great thanks for the recipe,my mom does it but she don't cut the eggs and fry them as a whole

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Chinni,

Thanks for your feed back. I am glad it turned out awesome just the way she explained it.

cheers
rajani

Ramya said...

Biryani looks delicious. and your recipes are looking authentic.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Ramya,

Thank you!

cheers
rajani

Anu said...

First time to your blog. You have a nice blog.. Very interesting recipe... Looks yummy and delicious....

Do you visit my space when you get free time?

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Anu,

Thanks for visiting my blog. You are only 24 and maintaining a blog you go girl.............

cheers
rajani

mohan said...

you have done good job. My wife asked me to find out about Alu Kurma. I looked into google search and cliecked yours. You hve done wonderful job. Telugu Tejam ekkadaina velugutundi anataniki you are example. Accept my good wishes.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Mohan garu,

Thanks andi, meeku na site nachi nanduku. Meeru andaru elage appreciate chesthunte nenu chala happy feel avvutanu. Konchem ekkuva ayyi nattu vundi. Ok mari vunta :-)

cheers
rajani

akki said...

hi,very interesting receipe & it looks very delicious.thanks rajani....

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Akki,

do try and let me know how it went in your kitchen. thanks.

cheers
rajani