Thursday, April 16, 2009

Simple Indian Thali

Triangular Paratha with Mixed Vegetable Paneer

For recipe details please visit here where I have posted guest post for Menu Mania.


Mixed Vegetable Paneer (wee close up)

For Making Paneer (200 g):

Whole Milk Powder - 1 cup
Water - 4 cups

Mix these both with out any lumps in 2 lit-re microwave safe bowl, keep the lid and keep in fridge for 30 mins.

Remove the lid and microwave for 11 mins.

To that add 3 tbsp Vinegar, by now the whey will separate from it. Keep a colander lined with cotton kerchief or muslin cloth pour the separated milk in there and gather four corners and tie it four corners. Keep a heavy weight on top me uses pestle. Keep this for 3 hrs. Later keep this in small plastic container and keep chilled for 1 hr, once chilled remove the cloth and keep it refrigerate and use the next day. By now paneer will be hardened. Cut into bite size pieces and use. For curry's I normally fry them in butter and keep them in single layer while frying until golden brown.

Tip:

I like this texture very much rather boiling milk and adding lemon juice. This is more like meaty texture. If you got any near expiry milk powder then I would recommend go for it.

Above yields 200 g for me. If you want more double the qty for more paneer.

Note:

For 1 cup of Milk powder you will have 1 lit-re of milk.

2 nd recipe


© 2009 by Rajani Rayudu


11 comments:

FH said...

Beautiful color, yummy dishes! :)

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Asha,

Thanks you so much for your nice comment. Aren't they colorful, I am pleased. Best of all is my invention in paneer :-)

cheers
rajani

Pooja said...

Lovely color...chala bagunnayi..delicious..

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Pooja,

Thanks.........do try it some time. I am sure you will have pack of these in your feezer, as I always do.

cheers
rajani

myscrawls said...

Rajani,

Long time no see? Hope u are doing gud.

Lovely parathas :) Thanks for sharing the paneer preparation method.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Anu,

I am doing good. Thanks..........

Do try paneer dish it's easy peasy, less ingredients.

cheers
rajani

Foodie said...

The thali looks absolutely delicious!! will definitely try the colorful paneer recipe!! Thanks for sharing!!

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Sushma,

Thanks! do try it is very simple............

cheers
rajani

Anupama said...

How do I make a copy of this receipe? I like to make a copy in my Zip drive in a word document. I donot want to connect to internet all the time.Please advise.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Anupuma,

Probably when you are reloading page on tool bar you see reader click that and print it out (where there is rss feed located on top). Hope I haven't confused you.

cheers
rajani

magic said...

This is all very new to me and this article really opened my eyes.Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.


buy Gemstone Beads