Basmati rice - 50 g (wash the rice, and soak it in water for 2hrs and grind in to paste by using enough water)
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp (fresh is best, no husks of cardamom, please)
Sugar - 3/4 th + 2 tbsp (measure with elecric cooker rice cup)
Full-Cream Milk - 1 & 1/2 litre
1) Heat a deep flat non-stick pan, add Set 4 heat it on medium high, bring it to boil. Reduce heat to medium and keep stirring for 15 mins.
2) Add Set 3 and stir until sugar melts, remove from heat. Immediately follow point 3.
3) Add Set 1 paste slowly and stir until well combined. Keep this on flame now.
4) Add Set 2 and keep stirring for 20 mins. Lastly add few drops of yellow colour and mix. Switch off the flame.
5) When it comes to room temperature, pour the firni in individual bowls, garnish with chopped Pistachios on top. Refrigerate and serve.
Serve it with any spicy Indian Meal.
It tastes good after 24 hrs. So this is ideal for dinner party's. Do this dessert 1 day ahead.
© 2006 by Rajani Rayudu