Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sorra Pidupu/ Shark Fry


Ingredients:

Sorra or Baby Shark - 1/2 kg pieces
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 - 1 tsp
Masala powder (
follow my kodi kura recipe) - 3 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp

*Boil shark pieces in water, it cooks under 10 - 15 mins. Cook until soft, wash, remove skin and bones, mash it with fingers. To that add turmeric, chilli powder, masala powder, gg paste and salt to taste, mix well.

marinating fish

Onion - 2 large no. (chopped finely)
Green chillies - 6 - 8 no.s (sliced round)
Curry leaves - few

Coriander leaves - handful (chopped finely)
Oil - required (add oil just to immerse the bottom of the pan)

Proceed:

1)Heat oil in kadai or wok. When it is hot add curry leaves and green chillies and fry.

2)Add onions and fry until golden color.

3)Add shark pidupu and fry well.

4)Lastly add coriander leaves and fry for 5 mins more.

Serve with Plain white Rice and Yoghurt on side.

Tip:

Use lots of chillies for this recipe.

I used lemon shark/fish

© 2007 by Rajani Rayudu

16 comments:

FH said...

Sounds great.Have a great vacation:))

Pooja V said...

Shark fry sounds good. we generally use shark only in curries. But fry sounds just very delicious.

Srivalli said...

I think the vacation is pretty long...the fry looks good..

bha said...

for my negligence, when i read the title as shark fry, i was totally taken back...heaved a sigh of relief only when i came here....have a great vacation

Divia said...

hey Rajani you have been tagged check out my blogspot for details
http://trinityreigns.blogspot.com/
have a wonderful holiday..

Anonymous said...

Thank You very much Rajani,

Just now I saw my requested recipe. Hope u r enjoying ur holiday. Actually I was waiting for ur mess. When I saw this recipe, I came to know that u r out of this blog for few days. I will try this and definitely let u know how it turned out for me. Thanks a lot. Have a wonderful holiday.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Asha,
Yup do try, u will ove the taste. Thanks u for your comments.

Hi Pooja,
I like shark fry a lot, but we don't get here. I saw in US, tasted there while I am there. Yum............

Hi Srivali,
Thanks dear.

Hi Bhags,
Welcome to my blog. Me back, thanks for your lovely comments.

Hi Trinity,
Thanks for tagging me in.

Hi Ruth,
You are welcome. Do try and let me know, thanks.

cheers
rajani

Malar Gandhi said...

Hello Rajani,

We prepare 'Surra Puttu'.....much similar to pidupu. Your version sounds yummy to me!

Rajani Rayudu said...

HiMalar,
This version is my mom's version and she does the best sorra pidupu. Do try and let me know.

cheers
rajani

shekar said...

Hi,
Rajani. tried your sorra pidupu. It come up wonderful.

It is so simple yet so delicious.

Thanks.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Shekar,

I am glad you liked Sorra pidupu recipe given by my mom. This one is super duper easy if you have right ingredients in hand and no energy wasted in cooking too, yet it tastes delicious.

cheers
rajani

Unknown said...

Hello,

Just tried out your recipe for "Sorra Pidupu" and it has come out well. Thank you so much for sharing.

Regards,
Indrani.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Indrani,

Thanks for leaving your feed back, I am glad I am able to help you.

cheers
rajani

కావ్య said...

meeru shark tintaraa :(
naku ipatidaka teledu shark tintaru /tinochu ani

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Kavya,

Seafood lo shark tasty food. try cheyandi meeru koda :-)

cheers
rajani

Anonymous said...

good..