Good for Parties or Get together.
Ingredients and Proceed:
Whole Cashews - 2 handful (soak in kettle boiled water until needed)
For Masala paste:
heat a small pan, add 3 cloves, 3 cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 Mace/ Javithri, 1 flat tsp White poppy seeds, 3 flat tsp of coriander seeds lightly roast and add hot water 1/2 cup or so and leave it a aside to soften a bit. then keep this in grinder mixie jar grind into paste first, then add 3 tbsp fresh coconut or frozen. grind again into smooth paste, by required water to grind smoothly, not much water.
Onions - 1 large (chop)
Green chillies - 4 (slit)
Fresh Tomatoes - 2 (chop)
Mullakada/ Drumstick - 4 no. (peel the strings and cut into 3 inch pieces)
Curry leaves - 1-2 sprigs
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Milk - 3 cap full or 3 tbsp
1) Heat a flat deep pan, add oil once hot on medium heat, add onions mix well and fry for 5 mins, by covering with a lid.
2) Add Mullakada pieces, gg paste mix well n fry for 5 mins on low heat, keep it covered.
3) Add turmeric, chilli powder, stir well n fry for few secs, then add grinded smooth masala paste to it, fry until few mins, remember not to burn the paste.
4) then add tomato pieces mix well along with curry leaves, cover n cook until tomatoes are soften a bit.
5) Now add soaked cashews with out water stir well and add 1 and 1/2 rice cups of water to grinded mixie jar n pulse again, add this water to it too. make sure the pieces are immersed slightly. bring to boil n keep the flame to simm n cook for 10 min by keeping a lid on top.
6) Add chopped coriander leaves handful + salt to taste mix well, cover n cook for 5 mins.
7) Once the drumsticks are cooked add milk bring to boil n switch off immediately. keep the cover for 10 mins more.
Note: while adding milk we are just reheating the milk if you cook for longer it will curdle.
Tip: before u chop anything first soak cashews for at least 10-15 mins. break the cashews in half after it has soaked, it will separate easily.
I always get Cashews from India. they are more fresh
Serve with Pulihora or Vegetable Pulao or Plain Rice too if u wish n Guthi Vankaya 65, Sambhar, Bobbatlu for elaborate meal.
© 2015 by Rajani Rayudu