Oil - 3 tbsp
Whole garam masala - (cinnamon 1 inch, cloves 2, caradamom 1, bayleaf 2 no, cumin seeds 1 tspn.)
Onions - 2 m (sliced and diced)
Ginger and Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cayenne pepper - 1/4 th tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Chopped Tin Tomatoes - 3/4 th
Yoghurt - 1 big spatula
Button mushrooms - 10 no.s (cut in half )
Almonds - Handful (toasted in microwave and chopped)
Palak/Spinach - a bunch
Green chillies - 6 no.
Wash and cook Palak and chillies, until leaves are wilted with out adding any water and grind in to paste.
Water - to the level of blade (when u have grinded the palak and kept aside.)
Coriander leaves - handful
1) Take a non.stick pan add oil heat it up, add the whole garam masala, pop everything.
2) Add onion stir and cook until golden brown, add gg paste and all the powders and fry.
3) Add tomatoes and cook until mushy. take the dish off from the heat add yoghurt little at a time mix vigorously until u finish it off with all the yoghurt, back to the flame until oil floats.
(Meanwhile saute mushrooms in little oil in nonstick pan and keep aside.)
4) Add palak (stir in point 3), add chopped up almonds, sauteed mushrooms mix gently and add water mix once again, and put the lid slightly apart and cook for 10 mins.
5) Add salt and coriander leaves cook 5 more mins until a way is formed underneath.
© 2006 by Rajani Rayudu