Asparagus and Silver-beet Fry
Asparagus - 1 bunch (cut in to small rounds, keep the last end of asparagus for sambhar or pappu)
Salt to taste
Silverbeet - 1/2 packet (chopped fine)
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Red chillies - 4 no. (split in to tiny pieces)
Curry leaves - 1 sprig.
Onion - 1 m (sliced finely)
Ginger and garlic paste - 1/2 tsp each
1) Heat oil in flat non-stick pan, add red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
2) Add onions and fry until golden brown.
3) Add gg paste and fry.
4) Add asparagus pieces and fry for 2 mins, add salt and cover 8 - 10 mins.
5) Add silverbeet and fry with out lid. add turmeric.
6) Fry until everything comes together. Switch off the flame. slightly cover with lid.
Serve it with Rice, Tomato Dal , Poppadums and Yoghurt on side.
Hold the asparagus on two ends snip it at the very end it will break, throw away or just use it in sambhar it just tastes like drumsticks. Cook it as anyother vege., for the triangle shaped things which are on asparagus scrape it with knife.
Silver-beet = Swiss Chard
© 2006 by Rajani Rayudu