These can be served for Get-together Parties, good for Picnic, can be made on Valentine day too, if nothing suits you then always treat your self...........
Dark cooking Chocolate - 200 g (broken into bits)
Cream - 1/4 cup
Kahlua - 1/4 cup
Butter (unsalted) - 1/3 cup
Icing Sugar - 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
Garnishing (keep these in separate bowls):
Pistachios - handful (chopped finely, unsalted)
Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
1) Heat a medium sauce pan with half filled with water, bring it to boil and simmer.
2) On top of it keep a wide mouthed bowl, to that add Chocolate and Butter, keep stirring until melted.
3) Add icing sugar too, mix well with spatula.
4) Add Cream and Kahlua, mix well, switch off the stove and keep stirring until it is glossy.
5) Keep this covered and chill for 1 hr + 15 mins in the freezer.
6) Remove, see it is firm enough to roll.
7) Now roll it first, into a small Walnut size ball and roll in Cocoa mixture for cocoa truffle and roll other into Pistachios for pistachio truffle.
8) Repeat the above step until you finished with all of them.
9) Keep them in muffin paper cases and keep refrigerate for 24hrs.
Ask your husband or kids help for garnishing stuff while you do the walnut size balls.
Next day it tastes great.
Keep refrigerate at all times.
makes around 25
© 2008 by Rajani Rayudu