Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Capsicum Fry

Ingredients:

Capsicum - 4 no.(mixed colours, chopped in to chunks)


Oil - 2 tbspn
Cumin seeds - 1 tspn
Green chillies - 4 no. (slit)
Curryleaves - few

Turmeric- 1/2 tspn
Cayenne pepper - 1/4th tspn
Salt to taste

Chick- pea flour - 2 tspn

Proceed:

1) Heat oil In a flat non-stick pan when it's hot add cumin put the lid when it's fried add Green chillies and curry leaves put the lid and rotate the pan by combining. 

2) Add capsicum, fry until skin looks browned. 

3) Add turmeric, cayenne pepper and salt cook until capsicum is cooked well. 

4) Immediately add chick.pea flour stir for 1-2mins and switch off the stove.

Serve with Tomato Pappu or Masala Dal/ Red Lentil Dal, Plain white Rice and Yoghurt on side.

Note:

Can add only green capsicum's too in that case do not add cayenne pepper to it, because it already tastes peppery. Where as red capsicum or yellow ones are sweeter taste so we add cayenne pepper.

© 2006 by Rajani Rayudu

10 comments:

myscrawls said...

Hi,

Lovely Capsiucm fry! First time in your blog. Neatly presented. I have posted my version of Aloo Capsicum Fry in my blog My Scrawls. Do have a look at it when u get time. Would be happy to receive your comments :)

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Anu,

Thanks for your comments. I also pair it up with aloo, in that case I follow my Aloo fry method. Yours sounds good too oven method. Sounds healthy........

cheers
rajani

Unknown said...

Good recipe. please keep them coming... :-)

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Prasad,

Thanks, I am glad you liked it.

cheers
rajnai

Anonymous said...

Hi Rajani,

Your recipes r yummy.. Gonna try out this capsicum fry along with your tomato pappu 2morrow.. Keep up the gud work so that people like me can bring andhra's touch of taste into our kitchens..

Regards,
Jas

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Jasna,

Thnaks for your comments. Do try and let me know........

cheers
rajani

Anonymous said...

Hi rajani,

Capsicum fry turned out a gr8 success, my betterhalf loved it.. Gonna try out every other recipe of yours..

Wish U 'n ur family a happy diwali..

Regards,
Jas

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Jas,

Thanks for your feed back. Happy new year to you.....

cheers
rajani

Vidya said...

Wonderful, just made me remember of my mom... :)

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Vidya,

glad you enjoyed it.

cheers
rajani