Set 1 (chicken marination) :
Chicken boneless - 450 g (diced)
Ginger and Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Lime juice - 1/2 no.
Red orange food colour - as required
Chillipowder - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Marinate everything for at least 1 and 1/2 hr. Cook in Iron skillet.
(sizzling in iron skillet)
Set 2 (for making curry paste) :
Onions - 2 no. (cut in to small chunks)
Ginger and Garlic paste - 1 tsp each
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 3 tsp (can reduce if u want, I like it hot)
Nutmeg powder -1/2 tsp
Garam masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Whole tomato Tin - 1/2 tin
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick kadai, fry onions, cover and stir time to time.
Add gg paste and fry, add all powders and fry.
Add tomatoes and salt cook in high heat until mushy. and Keep aside.
When it's cool enough, grind it in to paste. keep aside until needed.
Set 3 (roasting):
Roast Hand ful of cashews in microwave and grind coarsely in coffee grinder, keep aside.
1) Whole spices - Cardamom, Whole cloves, Cinnamon, Star anise 1 no. - remaining 2 each. Fry these in 3 tbsp butter in a deep non-stick kadai.
2) Add Sultanas and Set 2 curry paste. and fry until it is bubbling. Add Set 3 powder and mix well and cook for 2 mins.
3) Add little water in grinded jar (which u have made curry paste earlier) and pulse it and add this mixture to above and cook for 2 mins. add little orange red colour.
4) Add 250 ml Cream and mix well.
5) Add cooked chicken pieces from Set 1. Cook everything until butter floats. Add garam masala 1 and 1/2 tsp and cook 3 more mins. Check for salt and sweetness it may require and Serve.
Serve this with Naan or spiced rice.
Can do the same as above, but in my picture while doing I have added fresh tomatoes 4 no. chopped up, including 3 no. tomatoes from a whole tin and cooked as usual.
© 2006 by Rajani Rayudu