Baingan BurtaEggplant - 1 no.(large and fat)
Oil - little to smear
First preheat oven to 250 ' C- Bake. Smear little oil to the eggplant and keep it on a tray lined with foil and roast the eggplant for 40 - 60 mins until the skin looks flaky and water oozes out. keep aside and remove the eggplant skin and tap it with serviettes to remove any water which is coming out and chop.
Other things we need:
Oil - 5 & 1/2 tbsp
Garlic - 7 cloves (sliced)
Ginger - 2 inch (sliced and chopped)
Green chillies - 6 no. (cut into small pieces)
Onions - 2 m (chopped)
Tomatoes - 3/4 th tin
Coriander leaves - handful (chopped)
Salt to taste
1) Heat oil in a non stick kadhai, add sliced garlic, ginger and fry well . Add green chilli fry again.
2) Add chopped onion and fry until light brown.
3) Add chopped smoked eggplant and fry for 8 mins keep stirring.
4) Add 3/4 tin chopped tomatoes (cook first, for 1 min in microwave) and cook for 8 mins again or until oil floats on top, stirring in between.
5) Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, stir and remove from flame and add salt to taste.
Serve with Phulkas or Rice.
© 2007 by Rajani Rayudu