Eggplant - 1 Large, Fat (Wash, top and tail cut off and dice in to pieces)
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seed - 1/2 tsp, Chana Dal - 1 tsp, Urad dal - 1/2 tsp and Curryleaves - 1-2 sprig.
Smash in pestle in to smoothly:
Ginger - 1 inch
Green chillies - 5-6
1) Heat a flat non-stick pan add oil heat it up, keep it on medium flame.
2) Do seasoning: first add mustard seeds, close the lid when it is stopped spluttering add chana dal and urad dal wait until it becomes light golden color, add curry leaves once it is fried, immediately follow step 3.
3) Add eggplant pieces , increase the heat to medium-high mix well, cover with a lid and cook until half cooked.
4) Remove the lid, add turmeric and salt to taste cook until eggplant are fully cooked.
5) Now add smashed ginger and green chilli paste, mix well cook for 1 min and serve.
Serve this with Rice, Dal, Rasam, Yoghurt and Ghee on side.
This is my JFI - Ginger Contribution.
© 2007 by Rajani Rayudu