Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Godhuma Rawa Halwa/ Cracked Wheat Halwa

Satyanarayana Prasadam

Set 1:

Godhuma Rawa - 1/4 kg
Ghee - 50 g
Cashews and Sultanas - Handful

Set 2:

Water - 2 and 1/2 cups
Sugar - 250 g
Cardamom Powder - 2 g
Ghee - 50 g

Proceed:

Heat a deep flat nonstick pan, add ghee to it once heated add cashews first fry till light golden, immediately add sultanas and fry altogether and remove. Keep aside.

In the above ghee dish fry rawa too (mean while boil separately,water+sugar+cardamom powder)

Once water boiled add this to rawa and mix well. Once cooked add remaining ghee and mix, add the fried cashews and sultanas too, mix well. Switch off, cover it for 15 mins.

Tip:

You can use half water + half Milk too.

Instead of using white sugar try using brown sugar to get that jaggery look.

or jaggery, if you are then heat this separately with small amount of water kind of thick syrup add this when cracked wheat is fully cooked, mix, cook until it absorbs the liquid.

Note:

We serve it for Satyanarayana Puja as Prasadam.

Other prasadam we do on Satyanarayana Puja are:


Check my Rawa Kesari instead of doing Godhuma Rawa Halwa for Puja.

Meaning:

Godhuma Rawa = Cracked Wheat

© 2009 by Rajani Rayudu

13 comments:

FH said...

Sounds so good. I made it once, a Gujarati style wheat flour burfi! :)

myscrawls said...

Thanks for sharing prasadam recipe Rajani. I have attended the sathyanarayana pooja in India and have tasted the prasadam too. May god always shower his blessings on all of us :)

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Asha,

O my mistake it's not flour, It's cracked wheat..........thanks. Do try this version too tastes good.

Hi Anu,

I like especially Annavaram Prasadam, it is in dark in colour. They might have added jaggery with lots of ghee wrapped in a leaf. Some how prasadams in temple taste so divine.

cheers
rajani

coca said...

I am in love with ur blog. Thanks a lot for all the wonderful recipes and they especially being so authentic andhra styles. Keep posting. I have resolved to start preparing one dish everyday from today until i am finished with all listed :)

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Vikas,

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for your nice comments about my blog I am really honored.

Do try my Andhra dishes and post your valuable comment.................

cheers
rajani

Pooja said...

Thanks for linking to my blog rajani...Love this prasadam...

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Pooja,

You are welcome........

cheers
rajani

Unknown said...

I am quite familiar with Indian cooking. Have got some Indian fellow bloggers here and there posting about Indian food. YUM!

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Arfi,

Thanks for dropping by. Do try my recipes and leave your nice comments, appreciate it. Seen your blog you are a gem in photography stills. You go girl!

cheers
rajani

ANU said...

Haii !!!

Godhuma ravva halwa hmmmmm yummmyyyyy anani vallu leru thelusa !!! Superb recipe thank you so much !!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rajani, for sharing this recipe finally I learned how to make it, I remembered eating it when I was a child.

Anonymous said...

I prepared it during my pregnancy as i wanted to eat it badly. it was awesome, yummylicious and all my friends liked it too. and now for the second time i m visiting your blog. Thanks for the nice recipe.

swetha said...

thanks for giving such a detailed description with tips .swethadeepika