Friday, December 22, 2006

Rawa Dosa

" No Grinding, it's just easy peasy."

Rawa Dosa

Ingredients:

Semolina - 500 g

Plain flour - handful

Rice flour - 1/4th cup

Plain Yoghurt - 10 tbsp

Luke warm water - as needed

Salt to taste

Oil - 1 tsp for each dosa

Proceed:

Add semolina in a large bowl, add plain flour mix, add yoghurt mix, add luke warm water mix again, it should be of dosa consitency and be careful not to form any lumps. Add salt to taste and leave this for 2 hrs.

Heat a non-stick tawa or skillet on high, pour first 2 and 1/2 ladleful of dosa mixture and spread like dosa pancake.
Wait until it's cooked and pour tsp oil around cook for few secs more, now lift it up and turn.

Cook for 1 min and serve.

Notes:

1)Batter should be of thick pouring consistency.

2)To have good dosas initially do small pancake on tawa, yup it won't come nice. But don't worry second ones come perfect.

3)While doing dosas it's good to mix up the batter every time when u do dosas, otherwise the water and batter are seperated.

4) Here left over sour yoghurt can be used to get that soury taste.

Serve it with Mixed Dal Chutney or Ginger Pickle or Cabbage Pachadi.

© 2006 by Rajani Rayudu

16 comments:

Lakshmi said...

Hi Rajani,
a nice recipe, good looking dosas.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Lakshmi garu
Thanx andi.Try cheyyandi bavuntayi and a have wonderful christmas with your family.
cheers
rajani

Unknown said...

Hi Rajani
Crispy dosas. Love to try this rava dosa. BTW have u tried Rava idli, comes out spongy and yummny
http://www.indusladies.com/forums/3017-post14.html

Unknown said...

hai rajani garu ee website chala bhagundhi kani maalamti english rani vallaki ila telugulo kuda unte inka bhagundedi

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Sanjana,
Do try and let me know. I haven't tried rava idli yet, will try some time. Thanks.

Hello andi,
Miku doubts vaste adagandi, will try to clarify it. Thanks for your encouragement in my blog.

cheers
rajani

Anonymous said...

hi rajani!!
i tried these rava dosas but they came very thick and its unable to spread the batter on the thava coz its sticking to the laddle and not spreading properly.U know i converted into utappam by putiing onions and chillies my hubby liked it very much taste was soo good
Naveena.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Naveena,
Mine comes out nice, check the consistency of the batter. Do dosas on non-stick tawa.

cheers
rajani

suri said...

hello madam.i love cooking.your blog is awesome.please provide me some some of your north Indian recipes in your own style .i tried most of your varieties.its fantastic in taste.........great.

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi andi,

Thanks for your lovely comments about my blog. Will definitely try to add some North Indian dishes by my style. Thanks for trying out my recipes.

cheers
rajani

Unknown said...

Hi Rajani garu,

I find your blog very helpful especially when I can't get in touch with my Mom for new recipes.

Kudos!

Cheers
Ramya

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Ramya,

Sorry for late reply. Thanks for your comments. I am glad you like my blog.

cheers
rajani

Anonymous said...

hi yar....chudadaaniki entha bagunnayo....ivvale try chesaa..chaala bagunnayi...thnx fa such a wonderful recipee buddy

Anonymous said...

hi rajani garu,
ela vunnaru mee site is giving us good techniques while cooking and also tasty foods.
thanku sooooooooooo much

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Peethala,

Thanks for trying it out and nice feed back.........

cheers
rajani

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Siri,

I am good thanks. Long time no see, How are you?
I am glad you are getting nice tips from here.

cheers
rajani

Anonymous said...

Hi Rajani,

I tried this recipe and it was good! Only thing is that I did not have the "holes" in the rava dosa that I see when we go out to restaurants. Do you know what is the reason? I did use pre-fried rava so I am not sure if that makes a difference. Let me know as I would love to keep this recipe for all rava dosa!